PR & Content Writer
Purplex is part of the Ascot Group and is a full-service marketing agency established in 2004. Based in Worle, adjacent to junction 21 of the M5 motorway and next to Worle train station, Purplex has clients across the UK.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a writer to join our expanding Content team.
This role works across traditional print media and online, producing a wide range of content for B2B and B2C audiences. Experience in either traditional PR or online content is preferable, although full and ongoing training will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce website content and blogs
- Optimising content for search engines
- Conduct keyword research and create content plans
- Research and write press releases and feature articles for publication in business magazines, trade journals and newspapers
- Liaise with editors and journalists to gain media coverage
- Produce PR coverage reports for clients
- Produce content for direct mail and email marketing campaigns, liaising with graphic design team to complete project
- Identify award opportunities for clients and write entries
- Copy for advertising, video narratives and other content
- Ability to repurpose content across different markets and audiences
- Liaising with clients and our team of account managers to gain approval on content you have produced
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear, grammatically correct and engaging copy
- Creative flair with an exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to write in a language and style that relates to our clients’ personas and sector audiences
- Ability to transform ideas and key messages into content / copy
- Good research skills
- Experience in digital marketing or PR would be preferable
- Attractive salary depending on experience
- 31 days holiday rising to 36 days (incl bank holidays)
- Hours: Mon to Friday 8:30am to 5pm (early finish Fridays)
- Free tea and coffee
- Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking and adjacent to train station
- Regular social events and activities
- Opportunity to develop in a fast-growing group
- Recognition and incentives
- Fantastic team of people and supportive management
- A financially stable and secure company
This is largely an office-based role in Weston-Super-Mare although you will spend time in meetings or visiting clients, therefore, a driving license is essential.
Strictly No Agencies
By responding to this advert you consent to Ascot Group processing the personal data included within this application. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, should you not hear from us within 14 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in The Ascot Group.
Please note this post will close after a sufficient number of suitable candidates have applied.