We are looking to appoint a talented and experienced Web Developer to join our team operating from the company’s HQ in Worle (between Bristol and Weston-super-Mare).
You will have a strong focus on WordPress theme development and will be responsible for developing new websites, as well as maintaining and updating existing sites. There will be close collaboration with our wider team of designers, account management, content and SEO to ensure all websites meet requirements and are performing optimally.
- Experience with custom WordPress theme development.
- CSS pre-processor experience (SCSS/SASS/LESS).
- Experience in WooCommerce development.
- Familiarity with website performance optimization and security best practices.
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting WordPress related issues.
- An understanding of basic SEO principles and best practices.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with WordPress plugin development.
- Experience in Magento.
- Experience in Laravel.
- Attractive salary depending on experience
- 23 days holiday rising to 28 days (excl bank holidays)
- Hours: Mon to Friday 8:30am to 5pm (early finish Fridays)
- Free tea and coffee
- Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking and adjacent to train station
- Regular social events and activities
- Opportunity to develop in a fast-growing group
- Recognition and incentives
- Fantastic team of people and supportive management
- A financially stable and secure company
Strictly no agencies
By responding to this advert you consent to Ascot Group processing the personal data included within this application. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, should you not hear from us within 14 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in The Ascot Group.
Please note this post will close after a sufficient number of suitable candidates have applied.