A really exciting opportunity has become available to join one of the South West’s most exciting marketing, media and tech groups.
The Ascot Group is a privately owned company based in Worle, Weston-super-Mare, adjacent to the M5 motorway and Worle train station. It is a dynamic, fast-paced business with a strong entrepreneurial flair.
We are seeking a Project Manager with a strong understanding of technology, who can lead on a portfolio of projects simultaneously, primarily in software, web, data and research, working with a small team of developers and technicians to ensure projects are delivered to spec and on time.
You’ll be extremely well organised and a strong multi-tasker, with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well across all stakeholders – clients, employees, directors and third-parties.
- Agree objectives and develop clear delivery plans across a portfolio of projects
- Facilitate coordination of day-to-day and weekly work within delivery teams
- Ensure objectives and timelines are clear, understood and tracked
- Understand and actively remove impediments
- Ensure all stakeholders work together smoothly and receive clear and relevant progress reporting
- Manage delivery pipeline and resource allocation to maintain team utilisation
- Manage risks, issues and dependencies identified on projects
- Manage and coordinate triage and resolution of incidents and escalations
- Identify process improvements
- Collaborate with other team members on special projects across the Ascot Group
- Lead on a trainee development programme
- Good ability to understand data and information, and translate into meaningful communications for non-technical people
- Previous operational and project management experience
- A strong technical knowledge and passion for technology
- Confident planning and management of schedules and resources using proven project management methodologies
- Strong commercial focus on delivering benefits for both the customer and the company
- Experience of using relevant project management, collaboration and technology platforms
- Must be highly adaptable and able to move with change within the projects / business
- Strong organisation, communication, reporting & presentation skills
- Ability to encourage, support and develop team members
- 31 days holiday rising to 36 days (incl bank holidays)
- Hours: Mon to Friday 8:30am to 5pm (early finish Fridays)
- Free tea and coffee
- Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking and adjacent to train station
- Regular social events and activities
- Opportunity to develop in a fast-growing group
- Recognition and incentives
- Fantastic team of people and supportive management
- A financially stable and secure company
You will be based at our HQ in Worle, North Somerset, so the ideal candidate will live within easy commuting distance.
Strictly No agencies