The Ascot Group is based in Worle, Weston-super-Mare and includes 3 very different but interlinked entrepreneurial businesses – a marketing agency, a business news/events company and a software and data processing business.
We also have an investment arm acquiring and supporting other businesses.
We may be small, but we punch above our weight with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude and a family-like culture.
Having grown from a one-person start-up to 90 people, an opportunity has arisen for a talented, inspiring HR professional to join our busy team to help lead the Group on to our next phase of growth.
- Managing and maintaining HR and employee-related policies, procedures, and compliance
- Managing the recruitment process from agreeing job specs, creating job descriptions through advertising, interviews, job offers, and on-boarding of new starters
- Managing employee development through regular appraisals, support and development/training plans, in association with line-managers
- Implement and manage procedures to measure and report on individual and team performance against pre-agreed objectives and responsibilities
- Actively support team members on their well-being
- Spearhead the company’s development plans for apprenticeships, traineeships and internships
- Help support the Group’s continued business objectives
The hands-on nature of this role means it is office-based at our Worle HQ office next to Worle train station. Office hours are by agreement – from 25 – 30 hours per week, leading to full-time if required.
- Relevant CIPD qualification or similar with at least 2 years’ experience in a business services environment.
- Effective communicator with the ability to coach, motivate and inspire others.
- Solutions focused and good organiser, with an ability to handle change and conflict if it arises.
- A hands-on manager willing to lead from the front.
- Based in Worle close to shops, bus stops, mainline train station and 5 minutes from J21 of the M5.
- Pro-rata 23 days holiday rising to 28 plus bank holidays (total 36 pro-rata)
- Regular social events and activities
- On-site gym, parking, showers and lounge
- Contributory pension scheme
- Tea, coffee and early finish Fridays
- Opportunity to grow and develop within an entrepreneurial business
Strictly No Agencies.