Ascot Group currently employees 70 staff and boasts a client portfolio that includes SME’s and Blue-Chip corporations in the UK and across Europe. The core trading activities include marketing, business data, software development, business media, publishing and events.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Web Designer / Front-End Web Developer operating from the company’s HQ in Worle (between Bristol and Weston-super-Mare).
You will be an enthusiastic and hardworking, creative Web Designer / Front-End Web Developer with a keen eye for detail and design. An individual who is confident, positive and has a natural ability to translate client strategy into interactive and engaging websites. You will work at a high standard at all times and pride yourself on your unique skills using the latest development trends and techniques without compromising SEO or user experience. Combined with excellent communication and time-management skills you are able to work under pressure and are keen to learn, develop and grow alongside our expanding business.
Summary of skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of HTML and CSS technologies.
- CSS pre-processor experience (SCSS/SASS/LESS).
- An understanding of the principles of UX design, usability/accessibility and Conversion Rate Optimisation.
- Understanding of SEO principles, techniques and best practices.
- Ability to translate client briefing documents and requirements into conceptual designs, wireframes and fully functional front-end designs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of WordPress and basic PHP development.
- Ability to plan, design and deliver conceptual designs and wireframe mock-ups.
- Experience and ability to utilise Adobe Creative Suite applications such as PhotoShop and Illustrator.
- A keen eye for detail, interactivity and animation.
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date with the latest trends and techniques.
- Attractive salary depending on experience
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days (incl bank holidays)
- Birthdays off if it falls on a work-day
- Hours: Mon to Friday 8:30am to 5pm (early finish Fridays)
- Free tea and coffee
- Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking and adjacent to train station
- Regular social events and activities
- Opportunity to develop in a fast-growing group
- Recognition and incentives
- Fantastic team of people and supportive management
- A financially stable and secure company