Purplex is a full-service marketing agency and market leader within niche industry sectors. It has a great digital team spanning web design and online marketing (SEO/PPC/CRO/social), developing primarily in PHP and SQL with WordPress the default CMS.
With ambitious growth plans the business is now expanding its technology offering and wishes to appoint an experienced manager operating from the company’s HQ in Worle (between Bristol and Weston-super-Mare).
The successful candidate will manage a team of talented web designers and developers and help take the department to the next level.
- Develop a world-class ‘mobile first’ approach with industry-leading user experience and CRO metrics
- Expand our web application solutions by directing in-house web app development as well as bespoke client projects
- Provide industry-leading e-commerce solutions that drive revenue
- Research, implement and test new technologies relevant to our audience
This is a hands-on role working directly on projects while overseeing the department and implementing new and better methodologies, working closely with clients on briefs and delivering projects on time and to the highest standard.
This is a results-focused role and you will take responsibility for meeting commercial objectives, working closely with our SEO/PPC and marketing teams to deliver client results and supporting our business development team on winning new pitches.
You will be an experienced and talented developer and designer with a passion for mobile and cloud technology with deep technical and ‘best practice’ knowledge, and a proven track record of delivering complex web projects to client expectations.
You will also have a proven track record of team leadership with strong organisation and time-management skills and a pro-active, solution orientated approach, with an ability to work under pressure to changing briefs.
You will also have a keen interest in the latest technology developments, from Google’s latest algorithm update to advancements in AI and AR, as well as cybersecurity.
Summary of skills and experience
- Degree or equivalent in web dev with minimum 5 years experience
- Experience in mobile-first methodology and UX testing
- Demonstrable skills in the latest web and data technologies
- Evidence of web application projects in a commercial environment
- Ability to lead and manage teams, projects and client expectations
- Well organised, articulate and commercially aware
- Professional, mature and adaptable
- Attractive salary depending on experience
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days (incl bank holidays)
- Birthdays off if it falls on a work-day
- Hours: Mon to Friday 8:30am to 5pm (early finish Fridays)
- Free tea and coffee
- Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking and adjacent to train station
- Regular social events and activities
- Opportunity to develop in a fast-growing group
- Recognition and incentives
- Fantastic team of people and supportive management
- A financially stable and secure company