We are looking to appoint an experienced WordPress Web Developer operating from the company’s HQ in Worle (between Bristol and Weston-super-Mare).
You will be an enthusiastic and hardworking, creative WordPress Web Developer with a keen eye for detail and design. An individual who is confident, positive and has a natural ability to translate client strategy into interactive and engaging websites. You will work at a high standard at all times and pride yourself on your unique skills using the latest development trends and techniques without compromising SEO or user experience. Combined with excellent communication and time-management skills you are able to work under pressure and are keen to learn, develop and grow alongside our expanding business.
Summary of skills and experience
Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of HTML and CSS technologies.
- CSS pre-processor experience (SCSS/SASS/LESS).
- An understanding of the principles of UX design, usability/accessibility and Conversion Rate Optimisation.
- Understanding of SEO principles, techniques and best practices.
- Ability to translate client briefing documents and requirements into conceptual designs, wireframes and fully functional front-end designs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of WordPress, WooCommerce and PHP development.
- Ability to plan, design and deliver conceptual designs and wireframe mock-ups.
- Experience and ability to utilise Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Adobe XD, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A keen eye for detail, interactivity and animation.
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date with the latest trends and techniques.
- Attractive salary depending on experience
- 31 days holiday rising to 36 days (incl bank holidays)
- Hours: Mon to Friday 8:30am to 5pm (early finish Fridays)
- Free tea and coffee
- Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking and adjacent to train station
- Regular social events and activities
- Opportunity to develop in a fast-growing group
- Recognition and incentives
- Fantastic team of people and supportive management
- A financially stable and secure company
Strictly no agencies
By responding to this advert you consent to Ascot Group processing the personal data included within this application. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, should you not hear from us within 14 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this please call us to advise. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in The Ascot Group.
Please note this post will close after a sufficient number of suitable candidates have applied.