When can retail showrooms reopen? And tips for reopening
Off the back of last night’s lockdown lifting announcements from the PM we now have a roadmap for home improvement companies with showrooms in England being able to open their doors again on the 12th of April. This date of course is being labeled as no earlier than 12th April and still has the potential to be moved. But nevertheless, we have a date to work towards.
Here are a few marketing tips to get ready for a showroom reopening.
- Update your website opening hours and COVID-19 statements, where applicable, to let visitors to your website know about the upcoming changes to opening hours.
- Post an update on your Google My Business page. Let people know when you are planning to open again. And if you have marked your business as closed, think about changing this to open as normal.
- Update your social media pages with content about the upcoming changes. Also, think about changing your banner images to promote showrooms being open.
- Make sure your showrooms are following safe guidance and social distancing guidelines.
- Promoting best practice – Remember our behaviours have been affected by the impact of COVID-19. Think about what you can do to reassure your customers throughout the buying and installation process with information on how you are working safely and managing risks both in your showrooms and when working in people’s homes.
- Continue to promote remote quoting by email, video calls and other online / digital means. The world has changed with more and more people looking to buy online or opt for remote quoting to reduce risks and for ease. In 2020 there was a big shift in digital with a 36% increase in eCommerce sales. This shift is here to stay so it’s important to maximise your digital experience.
- Review your upcoming marketing campaigns – You may need to update print adverts, billboards, radio ads etc to make sure messages are correct and inline with planned showroom reopening timings.
- Make sure your showroom ready – Showrooms have been closed for weeks now and so making sure everything is working correctly, clean and looking its best will help you deliver a great customer experience. Review showroom Point Of Sale and Marketing material to check finance deals, special offers, working practices and product info are up to date.
- Get the sales team fired up and ready for action – Time to think about revisiting any showroom specific sales training and best practice. We know that the chances of closing a deal when people visit a showroom jumps up significantly – so make sure your showroom staff are up to speed.
The team here at Purplex specialise in supporting home improvement companies with a full -service approach to their marketing and lead generation. We know what it takes to help home improvement companies grow.
If you’re looking for help and support with your marketing, then talk to us today.
This entry was posted in Purplex News